Sign in to follow this  
Guest wideATC

PMDG Installation Stumbling Blocks

Guest wideATC

Hi Guys,I'm new to the forum so please excuse me if this issue seems obvious or has already been answered elsewhere. I did try combing the forum for related topics but that list is seemingly endless. I do hope the answer is a no-brainer and with some help I'll be up and on my way quickly.I recently purchased the downloadable version of PMDG 747-400X via their site. The purchase (via Paypal) went smoothly except that I RECEIVED NO PURCHASE CONFIRMATION email from PMDG--Paypal however confirmed payment immediately via email.***IS THIS NORMAL PMDG PROCEDURE???I only found record of my purchase by searching my account at PMDG's site, wherefrom I downloaded my software using the supplied link.That was just a minor annoyance. The true problem begins when I try to install my software and am promted to enter: Order ID and Password.Not having received any offical confirmation or details from PMDG, I've had to make some guesses:In the "previous orders" section of my account at PMDG, I find an order number and order date--but no order id. #1 - IS THE ORDER ID REQUESTED BY THE INSTALLATION THE ORDER NUMBER NOTED WITH MY PURCHASE?orThe Download URL in the "Downloadable Product(s) Information" of my purchase summary has an embedded 24-character string--but no mention is made of an activation key or serial number. #2 - IS THIS 24-CHARACHTER STRING MY ORDER ID?#3 -IS THE PASSWORD REQUESTED BY THE INSTALLATION THE SAME PASSWORD WITH WHICH I LOG ON TO MY ACCOUNT AT THE PMDG SITE?Sorry, if this explanation seems a bit longwinded. In attempting to describe the problem with extra precision I hope to simplify the solution.*I have already checked and verified my email address in my account.**I have already contacted PMDG support and am waiting (more or less) patiently for a timely response.Derick WilsonKPHL

Derick,You are supposed to get an email stating all information you need to verify your license during installation. Send an email to support at PMDG and they will get you up and running. Make sure you get an automated reply once you've sent the mail to ensure the support channel is open both ways. (If you're not receiving an automated response either mail is getting trapped somewhere. Try another email account like yahoo, hotmail or similar.)Hope it helps,

Guest wideATC

Thank you Mats,I of course use spam filtering but nothing gets discarded automatically. Still the idea of trying a different email address is worth persuing. I also haven't received an automated response to my support request.Thanks for your help!Derick WilsonKPHL

Guest wideATC

For the sake of closure (yeah, I know, who cares!), I'd like to add that my problem has been resolved:Apparently, my ISP email address didn't go down too well with PMDG's spam filters. After getting copies sent to my alternate address and clarifying the issue of Order Number vs. Order ID, I've completed the much anticipated installation!Gentlemen, my Queen awaits ;)D. WilsonKPHL