Sign in to follow this  
Guest nhurden

747 Blue Screens of Death

Guest nhurden

Hi all,I just got the PMDG 747-400 for fs9 yesterday and am having numerous problems with it. Due to poor performance with fsx i decided not to buy the pmdg for fsx but rather fs9 since ive been getting good performance at max settings on fs9. (I'm on Vista Home Premium)The most annoying thing about this is that the simulation often freezes, view changes are extremely slow and sometimes the display blanks (but not freezes) and to restore my view i have to select view options from the drop down menu up the top. Then it is an instantaneous view change.The other very annoying thing is that when the sim freezes, it causes a blue screen of death if FS is attempted to be closed. The reason code read something like IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL but it normally reboots too fast for me to read the rest of the message.Not sure if this is due to the inherent complexity of the PMDG 747 or the performance hit that FS2Crew delivers.Thanks for your help - I havent completed a flight with the 747 yet but it seemed very good from the time i have used it.Nicholas Hurden

Nicholas,STOP errors like this are almost always driver problems, heat, or faulty hardware. I'd check those things as we have no known issues with the aircraft code itself that cause such an error.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com