Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest mcleod3302

FMC and CRT failure in 737NG while on VATSIM

Guest mcleod3302

I have recently purchased the 737NG and have had several great flights with it. I belong to a popular virtual airline and enjoy flying on VATSIM. I have nearly 300 hours of VATSIM flying.On a flight from KSFO to KDFW all was going well with the FMC running the show. As I neared the TOD, the FMC and all the CRT screens for the PMD et.al. went blank. As well, the radios will not change freqs and the gear would not operate. I use FSInn and understand from another forum that FSInn causes problems for the PMDG radio panel. However, I have not found any discussion regarding the panels losing functionality late in flight. There have been several explanations for them never functioning at all but not the behavior I experienced.I checked avionics in the default. I reprogrammed the flight and tried it again. Not at the precise moment of the first instance, but close enough, the same failurs occured.This is not a freeze up of the program. On the second attempt, I was able to visually reckon the aircraft to KDFW. I actually thought I was going to make it until I then discovered the gears would not operate.None of these failures occured when flying offline. So far, the only problems have occurred while connected to VATSIM.Any insight from the PMDG team would be appreciated. I really like your product and hope to be able to enjoy it while flying online.

Ms/Mr Nameless,Welcome to the forum. Please sign your posts with your name. It's always nice to know who we are talking to.Regardless of your statement that this only happens online it seems like this is a case of running the aircraft on battery. Do you have the generators online?Hope it helps,

Mats Johansson
PMDG Flight Test Dept
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

| Asus Z270-A | Intel i5-7600K @ 4.8 GHz OC/H2O | nVidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB OC/O2|

Guest mcleod3302

Sorry I forgat to sign off.I will try to make sure generators are online and try another flight.Thanks for your help.Morgan Lusk

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

2%
    $565.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now