Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

DIR TO vs INTC CRS - Is this correct?

I've had a challenging time trying to distinguish between these two functions. I think it's coming but not sure if fully yet: DIR TO seems to be fully automated and involves accepting whatever course the FMC gives you to for direct flight to the next wp via the shortest calculated routing. The DIR TO course to the waypoint is not necessarily the figure shown as INTC CRS at LSK 6R. During this time, LNAV remains engaged (green).INTC CRS flies you to a point of intercept (which was the course originally calculated to the waypoint by the FMC -- is that LSK 6R?) using the MCP HDG SEL function--with LNAV armed--until you reach the intercept point which you either accepted from the FMC unmodified or modified to a different course in the FMC. At above 5nm prior to intercepting the course line, LNAV goes to green as it becomes active and then turns the Queen onto the selected course to the waypoint.Am I on the way to getting this correctly?Jonathan