Sign in to follow this  
Guest OllieC

747 - 400fsx ILS Tuning Problem - ILS will not tune

Guest OllieC

Hi everybody,i`m hoping you guys can help me solve my ils tuning woes.I`ve just purchased the 747-400x after flying the level D 767 for a few months now.I`ve got to say i love the flight model but there is one burning issue that is stopping me from completely enjoying the package.When i create a flight in the FMC, i add the depature airport and runway, and then the arrival airport and runway (i activate and execute the route after inputting the way points). However, as i approach, for example a runway extension of 10 miles from rw27 at egnx, i cannot get the 747 ils to automatically tune. I`ve tried a number of different airports and i`m getting nothing so i wonder what i am doing which is wrong. in the nav/rad page it is always on park no matter where i`m approaching.I have also downloaded the latest sid/star data and installed that.I`m using exactly the same technique as outlined above on the level d 767 and its autotuning the ils just fine.if i tune the ils manually its ok but i`d like the ease of the autotune to fully complete the package.Thanks in advance for any help,Ollie

By selecting the arrival runway, you are opting for a visual approach. Select the ILS approach, which will set up the autotune.No need to refer to the Level D books, the ones that come with the Queen are pretty good.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest OllieC

thanyou very much, i`ll try that now

Guest OllieC

i`ve tried the ils approach and i`m still getting no ils tuning. is there anything else other than tuning the fmc for the active ils runway?

You can manually tune the nav freqs.. it's explained pretty well in the AOM.However, the autotuning works so there's something you're missing. Are you getting the ID/Freq in the top left corner of the PFD?Do you have current navdata?Is everything else working for you in the FMC, such as the enroute, and arrival LNAV? Are the approach fixes appearing in the LEGS page for the selected approach.Could be lots of things.

Dan Downs KCRP