Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fredzo66

FMC SET IRS POS Problem

Guest Fredzo66

Good day. This is the second time I've installed the PMDG 747-400X on my Vista system, and both the first and second time, I cannot get the FMC to up-select the IRS POS from the down-selected GPS POS. I just repurchased and downloaded the latest version (even tried applying the service pack, but it said I already had the latest and greatest version, as of today, 12 July '08).Naturally, I click on 4R and the GPS position fills in automatically on the data entry line, but I can click 5R 'til the cows come home and it never moves up to the SET IRS POS line. I've checked all the manuals to see if it's a matter of right-clicking or holding down a shift/control key, but I come up dry. Funny thing is, all the manuals indicate that an un-initialized IRS POS should be filled in with squares indicating the field is un-initialized, but I have no such thing, just blackness below the "SET IRS POS".I also remember from the first install that there was a problem getting the EXEC key to accept a route, but let's start with just getting the FMC's bearings.This is a PERFECTLY clean install; 32-bit Vista was reinstalled, video drivers were updated, DirectX 10 was downloaded all before installing FSX and then FSX SP1 and then the PMDG 747-400X, followed by unnecessary 747X SP attempt, and then a couple of liveries.Anyone run into this before? Thanks!Fred ElburnLas Palmas de Gran CanariaP.S. I can up-select to other fields as far as I can tell. I can enter the REF AIRPORT by typing "GCLP" for example and then clicking on the L2 LSK. It just seems to be 5R when on the POS INIT page.

There are two "tricks," first is ignore the ALIGN position on the overhead switches. Move the switch from OFF to NAV then wait for the countdown (I have mine set for 15 sec). After the countdown, there will be a FMC message something like SET IRS. You can't do anything until the FMC message when you must first clear the FMC message (the second "trick"), and that's when the emply blocks appear on the SET IRS POS. Once you have the empty blocks, then you copy the GPS position to the scratchpad then to the set position line. If the airplane has moved since the last alignment then you have to do this twice, each time clearing the FMC message then getting the empty blocks.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Fredzo66

Worked like a champ! Thanks for the quick response!Fred ElburnLas Palmas de Gran Canaria