Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

Windows XP and clipboard....

Can anyone help me with a small problem. Just upgraded to WinXP with a new GeForce card etc. and want to take some screenshots again since I lost the file in the reformatting. In Win98SE I used to just have to hit ALT+PRINT SCREEN and PSP and Photoshop recognized the format.Now in XP, I only need to hit PRINT SCREEN and it shows in the clipboard, But PSP and Photoshop do not recognize the format. In PSP, I get the message "The DIB in this file is invalid". I have upgraded my PSP to version 6.02 and Photoshop is version 5.5.I truly do not know what to do and I would like to build up my screenshot folder again. Can anyone help?Thanks!Mike

Hey Mike,U might try pasting the screen shot to MSpaint and then save it as a .jpg files. Photoshop might reconise it then.Mitch

MSPaint will not recognize it either. I did notice that The copy/paste etc buttons do not work on xp clipboard. Maybe a reinstall? I don't know. I've searched the help files and no help there. Maybe some solution exists.Thanks for the response.Mike

Printscreen paste will come up in MS Word or WordPerfect.Don't know whether that's any use to you.Peterb Sydney Australia

Check the Library for a Utility called Screen Shooter. It will save your shots to a specified folder with many other options.Search For: (General Utilities)Screen Shooter v1.6-------------Michael

Guest flightpro08

I've always used FSScreen with Windows XP and it works great. Just search for "FSScreen" in the AVSIM library (without the quotes of course) and it should show up. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer