Sign in to follow this  
Guest theo456

Radio freeze on approach 737NG

Guest theo456

Hi everybodywhile on approach radio panel freezes so I can't tune the nav radio (nor the com radios nor anything else on this panel)consequence no ILS approach nor VOR only visual landing is possible.The rest of the instruments seems to work well.I am running FS9 and I recently re installed the software(PMDG 737NG - 600 700). I have no other particular software installed (scenery ...)Can somebody help, please??Many thanksTheo

Theo,This might be caused by either:1. A dead battery. Check your battery status on the overhead from the electrical display and turn the knob to BATT. If the voltage shows 0 you have drained the battery. You need to start a fresh NG session (no saved flight) to get battery back to life. And after that you need to make sure you get your generators online before the battery runs out. If you want to cheat and have a registered version of FSUIPC you can set the battery life to infinity in the Technical tab in FSUIPC.2. FS avionics switch OFF. You managed to turn off the FS avionics switch somehow. Once within the NG there's no switch hence you cannot turn it ON again. Either make sure you start a cessna with battery OFF, avionics ON. Or assign a key stroke to toggle the avionics switch from within FS key controls.Hope it helps,

Guest theo456

Matsthank you for your reply.It seems your #1 assumption was right. I just completed the same flight as yesterday (LEBB to LFPG)but this time I was carefull not to drain the battery ie setting ground power ON during pre flight and making sure both Generators were on after engines start up.The flight went smoothly and no radio freeze on arrival...Again thank you so much for your quick and efficient reply.Theo