Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi54

PMDG 747X and Flightsim Commander

Hi,I use 747X, Radar Contact V4 and Flight Sim Commander 8.3 (FSC). I'm running FSX (with Acceleration) on Vista.My question has probably been asked before but I couldn't find an answer by searching this forum.My problem is that when using FSC to develop a flightplan I cannot save the flightplan as a .rt file in the FSX/PMDG/Flightplans folder so that the flightplan can be accessed by the 747x FMC. I've set up the PMDG flightplan in the FSC Windows/Options/Flight Plan tab and tick the PMDG button in FSC to save.Doesn't anyone have any suggestions? It's very frustrating because at the moment I'm have to hand enter the waypoints into the 747X FMC by hand.Many thanks,Peter Mitchell.

Guest nigvilla

Peter,I also use the programmes mentioned in combination but with XP.When you say you cannot save the flight plan I,m assuming FSC generates an error or is it that FSC tells you the plan is exported but it does not appear in the PMDG folder?Not an expert on Vista but from reading the forums it seems often Vista 'blocks' another programme from writing to the Flightplan folder.First though check your Options settings. For add-ons you should set to point at your main FSX entry not an individual add on. The programme will find the correct sub -folders.