Sign in to follow this  
Guest tompeel

Saving/restoring flight PMDG747

Guest tompeel

I just searched through the old postings but couldn't find anything mentioned about this. If I want to save a flight, should I be doing anything special? I'm using the FS9 save flight option, and when I reload the flight, the aircraft initially pitches up very fast - 3000fpm or more - for a few seconds until the autopilot gets the aircraft stable again. I suspected maybe the elevator trim is not being stored, but on the VC it looks ok. I also tried pushing the stick down hard to force a dive, but the recovery is hardly better than letting the A/P do it.This is with FS9, XP and PMDG747 service pack btw.Tom Peel

I'd additionally save the Cockpit State manually just to be sure. I know there are some that do this habitually, but I for one do not like the idea- the 744 is a very complex simulations and there are entirely too many parameters that have to be replicated for my comfort level.I ALWAYS select my only saved flight, that is at EGLL T-4 in the default Cessna with everything off. I then select the aeroplane and my defined Cockpit State- each time.If you are looking to take a break (a few hours or even longer) just pause the sim........Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 - FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MG SATA2 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest tompeel

If you are looking to take a break (a few hours or even longer) just pause the sim......Well, I'm doing some long flights that go beyond RW pausing, so I'd like to save, switch off and save a few grams of CO2, not to mention the kilowatts.

That's the nice thing about this hobby- you can choose how you want to fly. I for instance fly EGLL-WSSS without pausing, albeit not every day, but then for when time is short there are shorter freighter runs where you can still arrive at close to MLW despite the lower initial fuel load.Wonderful, isn't it?Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 @ 4gHz | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Guest tompeel

That's true, but we're digressing a little. Just reading through the documentation again, I find (quote)"if you save your flight using the MSFS save utility, your current cockpit state will be saved simultaneously. When you later reload this scenario, you will be right back where you left off!" This says to me I dn't need to save the cockpit state in flight, which I thought anyway was primarily to set up things like cold&dark for initial startup. So how can I stop the aircraft from pitching up?Tom

Guest tompeel

Carl I just reran this - pause flight, save to file "last flight", PMDG menu save cockpit, save to file "last flight". Exit FS9, restart, load "last flight", I get the same thing again, pitchup and climbing fast until the A/P recovers it.T.

Tom-I guess what I'm saying is that the feature is not something that I utilize and because of the complexity of the PMDG simulation, I do not feel it is as simple an affair as one would expect....... if the pitch-up is your only issue- I suppose you could still utilize the function...........and just re-establish the flight a few seconds later.I much prefer the stupor induced by long overnight legs flown in real time ;).Best-Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://online.vatsimindicators.net/980091/523.png| XP Pro SP3 with FS-GS System Unification | 2 x APC UPS | Coolermaster Stacker 830 SE | Asus P5E-Deluxe (X48) | e8500 | Tuniq Tower 120 | EVGA 8800GT 512MB | Sony 40" Bravia XBR | 2 x 1 GB Corsair XMS2 | 500GB Seagate Barracuda 32MB SATA2 | Corsair HX620W PS | CH Products Yoke-Pedals-Throttle Quadrant | Aerosoft 747MCP-EFIS-EICAS |

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper