Sign in to follow this  
Viennaman

TNCM Departure

Hi People,i would like to use the 744 to St. Marteen - which rw are the 744 departing 09 or 27 ? RW 09 seems to have mountains in front. Does anybody have SIDThanks MArek

Guest j-mo

I have always been assigned rwy 09 for departure, due to winds. Yes, you need to be careful of the terrain, so one option is to hand fly the intial part of the departure. You'll need to change course to the right. Or, if you engage the AP, you can do this with your hdg knob.On the ground, you should back taxi to the end of 09, u-turn and expect to depart immediately. Stay off of taxiway A and B (I'm assuming for weight reasons).BTW, I read that 09/27 were renumbered to 10/28 earlier this year, then the renumbering order was rescinded, but is expected to be reinstated.