Sign in to follow this  

Garmin 430 simulator for FS?

Garmin provides great simulators of its line of GPS units (free downloads at garmin.com). The flying club I belong to has several planes outfitted with the 430 and the simulator is the preferred method to train. Still, I can't help thinking how great it would be to couple this thing with MSFS! I doubt it is something that even Peter Dowson could crack (although he would be our best bet!) without some collaboration with Garmin but I would hope the company would have some interest in doing so. I know we have two good GPS systems available (FlightMax and RealityXP) but neither of them really attempt full capability, including GPS approach guidance. Even though the Garmin sim is a relatively small download, it has all the approaches for the US as I can tell. Very cool! Does anyone know if there is anything in the works?David

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Flight-1's 421C package has a GPS that is loosely based on theGarmin 530.That's the closest thing I'm aware of.Regards.Ernie.

Ernie,As much as I love that plane, the 530 included is so watered down that it is almost unrecognizable. I wouldn't expect them to make a great plane and a 100% faithful recreation of the avionics though. I seem to remember FlightMax or RealityXP were hinting that they might do a Garmin shortly after they released their products. As good as the current products are they still don't come close to the functionality of the Garmin sim as it exists now in the download.David

I have to agree with you EA, www.Flight1.com 's Cessna 421 has an awesome GPS system in it. If anyone want's a real as it gets for FS GPS system in their airplane, you have to go out and buy the Cessna 421 by Flight1. It is very much worth your money, it has a weight and balance program, and a special texture adding program that allows you to download textures, then have them put on the plane. Another plane with the same features, including a very realistic FMC is the Greatest Airlines 737-400 by DreamFleet & Flight1. If you are an Airbus guy, the A320 Series by PSS is good 2, I have heard.--------------Paul Meyerwww.KryptonAir.comwww.LAARTCC.org