Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MOFF

Enroute wind entries ?

Hi all, after my first longhaul with this excellent bird I came to the question where to setup the enroute wind prediction for a propper fuel re-calculation. Is the entriy on the INIT page the only one for the hole way for 11 up to 14 hours flights ? Is this in the real airplane the same ?Remember dear PMDG-Guys, the FMC of 747-00 made by you has a last minute wind page, made by you after a special request as far as I remember... :-)Thanks for any info...Steffen

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No there is much more than the INIT page trip wind entry:1. For the climb and descent phases you go to the PERF page of the CLIMB or the DES phase and press the FORECAST> prompt on LSK 5R. There you can enter wind/temperature forecasts for up to 4 altitudes (one of them is the dep/dest airport) that apply for the whole of the climb or descent phase. 2. For the CRZ phase you go to the F-PLN page bring up the LAT REV page of any waypoint that is between the T/C and the T/D, then press the PAGE key to go to page 2/2. There you can enter wind/temperature forecasts for up to 4 altitudes that apply to the specific waypoint. For more information check the FMS manual.