Sign in to follow this  
Guest KSTLFF

Nice job PMDG.......

Guest KSTLFF

Wow!!! Just flew my first flight with the new PMDG MD-11, and what a pleasure it was. I would like to take this opertunity to just say thanks to all that was involved in the making of this bird. I, like most everybody out in the FS comunnity, have been patiently awaiting this realease for years.After familerizing myself with the systems of the MD-11, and reading the materials provided, I made my first flight, a short one (KMEM-KSTL) but a very nice one. I found that the tutorial was a huge help. I made adjustements to match my flight and found that the differences between Boeing and McDonnell Douglas are night and day.To anyone who has just purchased this bird and is used to the Queen and 737NG, take the time to sit down, go through the cockpit and use the tutorial. Trust me, you will find it very helpful as the systems are very different.I purchased the combo, and don't use FSX, but I wanted to get a jump and really learn her before flying online with FS9. I'm pretty sure that my setup is like many others as I have a really good computer to where I have all my FS9 sliders maxed, I have just about all the payware scenery that is out there installed and I get great frame rates. Silky smooth!! FSX is just to much of a hog, and I won't sacrafice frame rates for minor changes in the sim. So one last time, thankyou very much to ALL that put the countless hours in to make this kickass product. EXCELLENT JOB Gentelmen!! Really. Nice work. It was well worth the wait!!Now I will continue to train and prepare the the realese of the FS9 version..can't wait.Brett LucasAlienware AuroraASUS 790FX M3A32-MVP DeluxeAMD Phenom 9650 2.3 Quad core(soon to upgrade to the black edition 9850 2.5 GHz quad core)4GB DDR2 PC2 6400AMD ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2 1024MBPMDG747/737NG Active SkyFlyTampaUSARoadsUltimate TerrainInstant EnhancerGround EnvProCloud9SimFlyersand the list goes on......