Sign in to follow this  
Guest EGCC

Changing settings in Add-ons menu does not save changes

Guest EGCC

Hi,When I alter settings in the Add-ons menu (for example, changing the Units to KGs in the Airline Options, or disabling the "Enable First Officer Displays" in the Performance tuning), then click "OK", the changes don't always seem to take place.In the case of the Units to KGs this does take effect throught the FMC / SD etc., but the FO displays remain on when unticking the FO displays option in tuning. When I go back into any of the appropriate Add-ons menus all original settings have been re-instated as though I hadn't changed anything.Am I doing something wrong here? Does anyone else have this problem?ThanksAndy.(EDIT: Sorry should have mentioned, this is the MD-11 for FSX!)

Guest EGCC

Michael,Yes I am running Vista, and changing the write access to this file as you suggested immediately solved the problem.Thanks!Andy.

Guest Totalbeginner

Or..Find the FSX.exe file, and right click. Choose properties and then check the box next to "run as administrator"That should solve it!Martin