Sign in to follow this  
Guest Constantine

Missed Approaches on Europe Destinations

Guest Constantine

Guys i'm begging for help AGAIN!!Here's my senarioMy flight EDDB to EGKKArriving Timba Fl70 to May FL40 then FL20 D8.5 May for ILS 26Lapproach Flaps Gears configured If i make no adjustments to course then the aircraft fails tocapture LOC & GS bisecting across the runway no where near to lining up, now i have tried at FL20 HDG 260 at D8.5 May i getmore parallel to RWY again no LOC or GS capture and fly highat a distance alongside RWYIm trying to replicate the flight on the new PMDG B747 AoA Training DVD but my problem is always approaching from the wrong angle though i am coming in from Timba the DVD from Willo. Other than issuing parachuts to passengers can anyone put me out of my misery as to course adjustments i am failing to make or otherthings overlooked.Flight Plan was downloaded from Routefinder.ASAlink Many Thanks Yet Again Barny

Barney,A screen shot at this point would be most helpful...there are many variables that could cause this to happen. Most importantly I am assuming that you are flying the 747-400...is this correct?Secondly your altitudes...the Transition Altitude in the UK is generally 6000FT...below that you should be using FEET instead of FLIGHT LEVELS.Ensure that you have 110.90/260 (Ident IWW - ILS 26L at EGKK) either manually or autotuned at LSK 4L in the FMC NAVRAD Page, the ILS frequency will autotune at approx 25NM but I always manually select it during my approach briefing (set up) prior to the TOD.Ensure that LOC & G/S are armed (in white) below the currently selected modes (in green) on the FMAs at the top of your PFD.Finally...FLAP 10, 180Kts with an intercept course of no more than 45 degrees should have you capturing the ILS easily.Alternatively there could be a glitch within your FS setup...a bad scenery file or AFCAD which may have overwritten the ILS transmitter thus preventing the FMC & Nav Radios from tuning it.If all this fails - RTFM.Best Steve Bhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/1020636/523.png

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

Guest Constantine

Thank You Very Much SteveYes i'm flying the B747-4For the most part i have been following your advice each time i think ill manually tune the ILS Freq as you suggested i haven't been doing that.Thanks again Steve much appreciated

So...is your a/c now capturing the LOC & G/S correctly?Steve Bhttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/1020636/523.png

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'