Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

Load-Sheet-Manager: Balanced on "empty" flights?

Guest Susan27

Hi,I have this question regarding the PMDG Load-Sheet-Manager: I wonder about this: First scenario: When choosing a typical 2/3 Pax-configuration I am able to take a very low ammount of fuel (e.g. only 7 tons)...the TOCG will stay black and I am able to take-off without problems...Second scenario: When flying without any Pax & cargo I would assume even more that there wont be a change considering the low ammount of fuel. But as I had to learn I have to take at least(!) 60 tons of fuel otherwise the TOCG will become red and I am unable to depart. Could someone please explain this...the result (at least for me)is that - although I havent any loads on board - I have to take huge ammounts of fuel (and therefore spend more money for a balanced flight than flying with heavy loads!)to remain a "black" TOCG...this is a bit strange for me (lol!)... :) So is it possible to change the TOCG (so that it stays black)also when flying "empty" without any Pax, cargo on board...if so, how?Thanks very much! :)

It shouldn't be to much of problem, a slight aft CG in the red, so I'll suggest you refuell the a/c to whatever fuel load you need and stick with it even if it gives you a red CG. CG is usefull on a payload, not so much without any load.

It isn't at all unusual for airplanes to have minimum takeoff weights, due to CG and control issues. 60 tonns does seem a bit high though.

Guest Susan27

Thanks for answering! :)Well, but if I enter such a "red" TOCG at the "Weight INI" page at LSK 5R I also get a "Entry out of range"...and it isnt accepted by the FNS at all...(!)The result is: Because of not being able to enter a TOCG I also dont get a "Stab" value at the Take-off page (& unable to confirm V-Speeds). Therefore I cannot set the stabilizer to a "green" value at the PFD, too...and therefore I cannot take-off without this constant "Stabilzer, Stabilzer...!" aural warning...Question: So, isnt it just possible to fly (e.g. practicing race track patterns over the field) with minimum fuel on board and a red TOCG...without having this stabilzer-aural warning at take-offs...?Thanks again! :)