Sign in to follow this  
Guest Susan27

MCDU: How to place a distance?

Guest Susan27

Hi,I would like to place a distance from a WP at the ACT-F-PLN page according to page 27 (bottom) of the FMS manual, e.g. WP "Kumru" +20NM:Therefore I entered at the F-PLN page KUMRU/+20 and pressed LSK 4L at the MCDU. But all I got was a "Not allowed" error...no matter if I enter it at page 1 or page 2 of the ACT-F-PLN... What am I doing wrong here?Here is the MCDU situation: k72xgzyh.jpg5zla5zeo.jpgThans very much! :)

Guest rellehenk

You will have to lineselect KUMRU (3L). The FMS will place the new waypoint automatically at the right place. Good luck!

Susan,I believe your problem is caused by you not specifying the bearing from the waypoint. The format has to be placebearing/distance so, for example, you need to enter KUMRU090/20 to place a waypoint at KUMRU 'bearing from' 090 at distance 20nms.HIH,Cheers, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Guest Susan27

Thanks very much Richard & Floris! :)It is working now most of the times...But: Sometimes when trying to enter such a "place of distance" as described above...there comes an error msg in the MCDU "Out of range"...I dont understand this error in this context...do you have an idea what this exactly means...?

Guest rellehenk

From the manual:The referenced waypoint may not be the FROM waypoint. A discontinuityis never inserted since the point is along an established route. The PDpoint cannot be created closer than 1 NM to a point or less than 5 NM from the aircraft position

Guest Susan27

Thanks Floris & Richard for your kind help...that indeed explains the msg... :)