Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Wilco Airport 2000 v3 and FS2002.

Does anyone here have Airport 2000 volume 3 running in FS2002? My question is; do the aircraft that come with this product work in FS2002, and if so, any comments? I recall there was a neat B737NG included, which ran well on FS2000.Thanks,Bruce.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have a aircraft running, but it took a little work. There is a patch at Wilco's site for 2002, but it don't do much more than make the aircraft show with proper make in 2002's aircraft selection screen. I don't use the airports, never could get them to run satisfactory. My favorite is the Dornier 328 prop, and it required quite a bit of work to run good in 2002. First is the problem with the planes gauges, for some reason they are a big frame rate killer. I had to use all different gauges on the panel that 2002 liked, and then tweaked the flight dynamics. Out of the whole volume 3, the Dornier is the only thing I use. I really like the full panel views the aircraft has, and it looks the best I think of all 328's available. I may be putting the 328 away for a while ever since I tried the new ATR 42-500 last night. The 737-800 that comes with vol. 3 has the same gauge problems. Matt

Not worth the effort if you ask me. It brought my P4 1.8 to a near crawl. Considering many freeware planes are better I brought this back to the store.... Not designed for FS2002 and it shows. Of course you can tweek the gauges a bit but I feel the flight models aren't as good as many that are available free!Plus the airports are nice but major frame rate killers again.Best,Boone