Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

How do I "InitializeZFWCG" in the MD-11?

Guest cliffie1931

I've managed to get as far as page 8 of the Tutorial but can't figure out how to act on the instruction to "Initialize ZFWCG".I've attached a screen print of what the current stage of entries in case it may be helpful.Cliff

I am away from my simming machine, but my creaky old memory says that you need to go to the next page (press PAGE-rt arrow) for weight and balance info. I just can't remember if it is like the 747 where you then click a small font number to accept it or not. Normally, the weight/balance is set by the load manager for you if you use that, which I recommend.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest cliffie1931

Your comment about your creaky old memory makes me feel much better Dan. Many moons ago I flew Tigers, Chipmonks and Pipers and I thought I must be the only one in the Forum with a "creaky memory"With your help I'm moving forward and hope to be able to get a grip on this beast some time before the first 100 days of your next President's term arrives.(A Brit, I've retired to the Spanish countryside) I thought The Queen was pretty complicated but boy oh boy this MD-11 is something else.............Regards...............Cliff

Guest KHAOS

The quick and slick way to get the ZFWCG value without a reference is to right-click on the soft key next to it on the WEIGHT INIT page (pg 2 INIT). The correct number value will already be calculated, displayed in the scratchpad, ready for input. Just left click the ZFWCG soft key that you just right-clicked on, and it'll snap that value in. The FMS might still give you the INITIALIZE ZFWCG message even after it's been entered, so just hit CLR to remove it. If it still nags after the value has been entered, enter the other pilot-alterable values on the WEIGHT INIT page, and try hitting CLR again.

Guest cliffie1931

Will do. Thanks Casey.Cliff