Sign in to follow this  

Wing view missing ailerons on 727?

Hi all,I downloaded the new 727GMAX and added the panel and sounds I use on the American 727 package. I have these wonderful wing views (sorry...I didn't include a pic of this) that I activate with my joystick (right rear and left rear) or with the num keys, 1 and 3, on the American package. I've looked at the panel config and aircraft config on the American 727 where I have normal wing views. However, on the new plane, I CAN'T GET THE AILERONS OR THE FLAPS TO SHOW! What am I missing here. Please tell me how to correct this. I'm only hoping you understand my problem here. I've copied the panel exactly. Where are the missing files? Stan

Hi Stan,Would be slightly easier if you had posted a couple of pics - I am guessing when you say that you cannot get the AILERONS or FLAPS to show that this is by moving the controls ?? I assume that you can see the wing & window frame or is that missing as well ??I am guessing that your problem is that the flaps / ailerons move on the American 727 and not the GMAX one ?? If that is correct then it may be that the GMAX version does not have a VC and all you are seeing is a static bmp image. Or if it has a VC then the flaps & ailerons are not part of it and only exist in the "external view" - which is done in the model.If you have a bit more info (at least if any of the above makes sense to you) then let me know or send me a couple of screen shots & I will let you know !!!Probably confused myself with all that !!! :-zhelp

I can see the window frame and wing...just not the parts that move on the American model.I'll try to take pictures and post them. Haven't done that yet as I need to get a system on board that takes good pics within the framework of what is required as far as size. What do you use to snap pics of flight sim frames? Stan

Guest Coneman

Hi Stan,I think I understand what you are asking. I believe the wing views on the American model are actually the model, and not bitmaps. It's up to the author of the sim plane whether or not they allow wing and engine views when looking back, and it's part of the model compiling process (any designers care to confirm?). I wish more would, it really makes a more enjoyable flight.Cheers,Todd

Hi Todd,There are two ways of providing the "wing" views through flightsim. Either in the "old" format of a static BMP image (which some users seem to prefer) or completely ignoring that option and making a "Virtual Cockpit" - then when you look in any direction other than the panel the VC is displayed (some payware has both a VC and BMP's).From my understanding of it the BMP images come from the PANEL.CFG for the aircraft. The VC is compiled within the Model itself and is effectively a "model within a model". To make flaps & ailerons (and anything else for that matter) visible on a "VC" view the original has to be duplicated and added to a VC "group" called Internal.The advantage of the VC view over the static BMP is that the parts can be animated so props, flaps, ailerons and gear (if you can see it) will be animated.Regards,