Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Ray51

VR Insight MCP combo

Guest Ray51

VR Insight has a MCP combo they claim is compatable with the PMDG 737 and 744. I was wondering if this is true or if anyone knows any info on this product. I saw the panel offer at Sim Ware Simulations.Ray

Hi RayI was looking at this piece of kit myself, and from what I can understand it seems that one of the problems is that as they state that as they do not have access to the PMDG SDK for the gauges, that the display readouts may not agree with what the panel is telling you, also from reading some items in the VR forum, it can on occasion give incorrect inputs to the aircraft, as in you turn the heading select knob to adjust the course, and the vertical speed will adjust, but these may well be the result of incorrect set-up by the user so I would not like to say that this particular aspect is a common occurrence.You can download the manuals from the VR website and have a closer look at the set-up, which should give you some idea to the functionality when used with PMDG aircraft.Hope it helps.Jim Hodkinson