Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Why FS2004 will fail

"I dont know how you could think fs2000 was bad it was thebiggest jump they ever made.. fs2002 was sorda based on thesame engine, just upgrades.."Actually it was based more on the CFS2 engine, totally different.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Daniel Pimentel

>Poor Flight dyanamics,>Virtual cockpits and 2D cockpits are not cutting it right now>and engine management, hydraulics, electrical systems and oil>management is not part of the picture. Manifold Pressure>readings still do not act as they should with barometeric>pressure or engine management? >Mixtures do not reflect correct fuel usages or engine>management or sounds especially at higher altitudes. And where>are the Super Chargers? What about Oil management and temps? >Even the fuel tank usage seems not able to be changed on>add-on aircraft? What about Mag checks? Electrical systems>seem not to beahve correctly or reflect real aviation types>and hydraulic management is TOTALLY none existent. Prop rpm's>behave strangely too? I am still not convinved either, that>the turn and slip indicator acts correctly. >>These points I make are ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for flying and>learning to fly. Dude. You try explaining all that to a father of 3 who remember a plane his dad called "Cub" flying over his house, so he decided to check it out... :-lol Don't ya get it? You're a guy that's wayyy too much into the technical... This guy I chose for the example has too many kids to feed and entertain to spend 4-5 hrs. a day learning how to fly a plane with full system rendering and realistic conditions where ONE switch won't let the plane start. Reality is, the sim is an experience that needs to widen up for MS to continue. Keep in mind, with no competition nearby, MS is trying to grab as much of the now defunct market's audience as they can. For you, an instrument junkie, that's outrageous... But for anybody who has never even seen the cockpit of a plane before, the sim might be complex as it is. Keep that in mind.Cheers,Daniel Pimentel