Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Who is still having problems saving panel/FMC info ?

Hi all,I just would like to know how many (read: Anyone but me...) is still having problems getting their panel/FMC info saved, when using the normal FS2002 "Save Flight" menu item ?I know that: Robbie, Theo and a few others had the issue, but did all of you get it solved ?BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Sven,I'm happy to say that my problem was solved by the "specific" install-routine. In my opinion it has nothing to do with add-on's or Win XP...I thought that one of the team-members had an idea of what could be wrong?Must be quite hard... Only a few people have this problem.. The Team cannot re-create it... The only suggestion I could give you is to format a disk. Put Windows98SE on it and just install FS2002 only. Then install the FS2000 of PIC. Reboot and install the FS2002 patch. Make a flight, save it and see what happens.Good luck...Theo.

Hi Theo, Thanks for replying.Yes, I know you got it to work; however I'm not too keen on your rather complex install procedure :) (must have taken DAYS to do).I have been in contact with Laurent Crenier. From some tests I ran, it seems that PIC simply is not getting the notifified, that a File Save is to occur - thus it cannot 'step in' and save the .FMC file and additional info in the .FLT file. WHY this is so, is not clear yet.But before spending more time on this, I just wanted to see how big (= how many) the problem is.BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Hi,I'm being crazy with this bug. I formatted my HD, instatalled Windows Millenium with directx 8.1(italian version), latest nvidia driver and Via Chipset Driver anf FS2002 italian version with PIC767. Any other software I had installed!I'm was not able to make a correct panel save (there is not a *.Fmc file and *.FLT has not section under autopilot section!)I tryed the complex installation procedure indicated by T_Redelijkheid_DFSO with no success!I must flight PIC without possibility to save it? I still hope and continue to look for a solution!Bye, I-DFOX (Dimifox)Air Brixia 094 - First Captainhttp://www.magiweb.com/airbrixia/home.htm

I have been having a problem saving a flight with the fs2002 "save command". The panel configuration for pic767 is not saved. I have reinstalled both fs2002 & pic767 several time with no success. Must be something else I'm overlooking. It worked fine before I installed a new hard drive. The new hard drive has less partitions and so I installed fs2002 & pic767 under a differant Drive letter. Don't know why that would matter. I hope someone figures it out, because I'm at a dead end with ideas.

Hi AllAnd here I thought this thread dead, and I'm the only one still stuck with the problem....All right, let's give one more try: How many with this problem do not have FS2002 installed on C: ???I'm one...BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH