Sign in to follow this  

Crosswind in Florida - screenshots

All,Following on from successful recovery from my FMS fuel "shortage" problem, here's my latest disaster while landing at KMIA out of KCLT. I thought I was stable, I thought I'd gotten over my excess speed - that's why the spoilers are up BTW. I was heading for victory and then...windshear? I confess I was caught with my pants down after only using real weather for a couple of flights. All I know is, I was not chasing the centreline - I never hit it anyway :) Actually, since I discovered that speed = altitude I think I've perfected my ILS approaches but that's another story.I would really appreciate the advice, comments, laughs I know you have stored up...but view at your own risk with diapers at the ready!The screenshots aren't good quality as being a CCNA I know what bandwidth costs...if anyone wants to see a good shot of a *nice* landing at VHHH I will put one up.Best regards//Neil

Did you walk away?What did the wind vector say on the ND?Timothy

Guest ilh

You really do not want the spoilers up before the touchdown like that. They not only kill speed but also lift. That's probably why you're so nose-up, to compensate for the loss of lift.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

A go-around / missed approach would have been the best course of action there Cap'n ;-)...I find a 2-5 degree nose up at flare is the sweet spot dependig on your gross weight and speed. The FD will also show you where to put the nose if you got it set up correctly.Rob.

Hi,There are no mistery here, "windshear" means with no regrets Go around, unless you are at 10ft above ground... and a wind shear at 10 ft, I have never seen. around 200 to 100, there are some places where you have to be carefull, Cpt Cyrille de Lattre

Certainly not 5 degrees NU on the flare! That would risk a tail strike.Meekal