Sign in to follow this  

APU Question

My question concerns the APU. Before takeoff I typically shutdown the APU. On the status page it shows the APU powering down and also the run light goes out on the overhead. Lately I have noticed that after I have shutdown the APU it seems to have started back up in flight. Is there a keystroke that I might be hitting to cause this? Not a real problem I just have not been able to figure it out.Mike

At the task bar, go to the PIC menu, Settings, and Custom Controls. Check to see if the APU keystroke there is the same as another keystroke you are using. Clear it out if it is.

Guest WorkingStiff

Are you running Flight Deck Companion or any other program that requires a key combination of CTRL+SHIFT+A?CTRL+SHIFT+A is the key combination to switch the APU and its also used by Flight Deck Companion to trigger Cabin Crew announcements.If you're using FDC you'll have to reassign that command to another key combination.