Sign in to follow this  
teropa

A few questions

Hi all!I have a few questions about PIC.1. When I'm cruising enroute I notice that sometimes the plane slows down, without any apparent reason (lowers thrust setting to ~50% N1) and then after a few seconds accelerates back to CRZ-speed (and CRZ thrust setting). Why is this happening? Am I missing something obvious?2. I purchased the CH flightsim yoke PRO recently, and when I used it with PIC I noticed that it is _neccessary_ to map both engines to different levers, i.e. engine1 to yoke throttle lever and engine2 to yoke prop lever. I didn't seem to be able use _both_ engines with just one lever ... (like I did with my previous FFB joystick). I know it is more realistic to use them as separate, but I would like otherwise, just for a test at least.3. I couldn't map 'autopilot disconnect bar' to Flightsim yoke's left thumb button (upper) NOR could I map 'arm autothrottle switch' to flightsim yoke's left (lower) thumb button. I COULD map them from FS2002's assignments, but nothing happened whilst in the simulator. I could NOT get the buttons to assign, however, in PICs controller assignments at all. So, the buttons assigned OK in FS2002's control assigments, but not in PICs control assignments. Irrespectively, they didn't work at all. All the other mappings I made, i.e. flaps up/dn, spoilers, gear, cycle view fwd/backwd, elevator trim up/dn, apply left/right brake, WORK just fine.Any help is greatly appreciated.regards,Tero

Guest MB327

Question 1Did you perhaps precede the "slowdown" by selecting something from a drop down menu within FS or sometype of activity in FSNav that required extra processor attention? If so, that causes the symptoms you describe for most of us. Two ways to avoid it that I have found. Either turn off the autothrottle before accessing those things or "pause" the sim first. The latter is not a very good option while flying on VATSIM or other multiplayer networks.The other questions, I haven't a clue.