Sign in to follow this  

Having problems with VNAV? Need help....

Borrowed from 'another' forum....

Guest MB327

This book has just one page. It says:"RTFM"

Guest ielchitz

LOLOLOLOLOL.Too bad this was not out 10 months ago when I really needed it.Ian.

The topics on the front cover refer to both Scarebus and Boeing....I think the PSS Airbus pilots need it more than the PIC pilots!;-)Rob.

Guest ielchitz

Rob,I just have to say that after spending some time learning how it works - the Airbus is actually quite refreshing to fly as a change from PIC. In fact - the A320 has now officially replaced the DF as my "other" aircraft.It's not the PIC - but it certainly stands on its own merit.Ok - now let's go back to trashing the Airbus in general.Ian.

The first quesiton I ask PSS SCarebus pilots is....1 - Do they model the rattling plastic sounds?I will wait for the new FDE and fixes to the remaining problems before I spend another dime at PSS. Their forum is still extremely busy with problem reports...they can't all be wrong ;-) When things settle down, I will get the credit card out and start to read the Scarebus-101 manual.Rob.

Sometimes you get the odd PIC pilot who has lost his way in the FMC and asked "What's it doing now and how do I stop it"...but you are right, it is mostly a Scarebus question.It better be Boeing or we ain't goin' .... I love that quote.

Guest Martin

Remember that the PSS forum is more explicitly a support forum rather than a discussion forum. (IMO this forum is more discussion than support, but of course PIC has been out more than a year so most support matters have been sorted out I guess.) Therefore you will obviously see a lot of support matters. And remember that it's the first realistic simulation of an Airbus for FS, it's at least the first one to model autotrimming and such, so it's bound to have some problems.I'm not gonna convince anyone by this but I can just say that I haven't personally have any major problems with the Airbus at all, during the few flights I have used it. It seems to me to be a quite solid product - more so than the 747 and 777 was (with all their VNAV quirks).The installation process can be a little irritating at times, always overwriting cfgs (which you might have edited) and messing were it shouldn't.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing