Sign in to follow this  
Guest bisinchi

X-BLD what does it mean?

Guest bisinchi

I got that message in pink on top of the N2 reading on top of the right engine and I wonder what it means!! I couldn't get rid of it!!Anyone has an answer please?Cheers,Francois

It appears whenever you shut down an engine in flight and to restart it, bleed air is necessary. In which case you have to close the isolation valves and perform an inflight restart. Consult the manuals for more info.Regards,Mark

Guest Ian_Riddell

>It appears whenever you shut down an engine in flight and to >restart it, bleed air is necessary. In which case you have >to close the isolation valves....." I think you mean open the Isolation valves, Mark ;-) You want the bleed air from one engine to flow to the other engine. You were perhaps thinking of electrical circuits where you have to "close" a switch to make the current flow?Cheers.Ian.

Hi Ian!Ah yes, sorry bout that, I mixed my terms up.Thanks,Mark

Guest bisinchi

Thanks for the info guys, but the actual scenario was: Fuel cut off on the ground, after pushback, I started the engines as usual and after that, that's when I had the X-BLD message!! I started engines the same way before and didn't get that message. I didn't touch any of the isolation valves.Francois

If you get the message X-BLD to delete it go to the status page and then come back to the EICAS page that will clear the X-BLD message. Pedro

Guest bisinchi

Thanks a lot Pedro, I'll remember if I have this problem again!!Francois