Sign in to follow this  

Taking a break from simming

In the next couple of weeks I am embarking on a new career change, well part time anyway. I will be starting EMT/Paramedic training. Its an 18 month venture that will consume most of my spare time.I have always wanted to do this, I guess this is my mid-life life crisis, instead of running away with a younger woman, or buying that Corvette,Porsche or Harley-Davidson. My wife is behind my 100%, plus her 99 yr old grandmother lives with us, and having someone in the home that is medically competent will put her mind at ease.I will pop in from time to time to say hi and see whats going on, if I get the chance, sneak in a flight or two.Who knows, maybe when I'm done FS2006 will be all the talk :)Cheers Dave W.

Dave,good call and good luck!! I always had respect for doctors, nurses, paramedics etc. There are only two things in live I always wanted to do and if it wasn't for my parents who made me do the "MBA thing" my occupation would either help people (the route that you desided to go) or be a pilot.Having recently experienced that mid-life crisis myself ;-) I decided to become a pilot and will start with Comair Aviation Academy in (gee, times goes by quickly) 3 weeks!!Congratulations and good luck, this sounds like a great opportunity.Cheers,Peterhttp://home.neo.rr.com/zaehringer/pipersignature.jpgAthlonXP2000,512MB,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.29.42),SBlive(4.06.703)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Peter,Thanks, and good luck to you! This has been a life long dream, and finally its taking shape. I wonder if being 41 will make learning easier :), than when I was 21, when I first started this adventure.Dave