Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Dual monitors - the quest continues !

Guest gasebah

Hi y'all,I have two monitors running from one GF4Ti4600. Generally the setup works perfect, but there are still some questions open.In the device manager I have 4(!) monitors installed. One is my LG Flatron 915, the other three are standard monitors ( no special driver is installed for the 2nd monitor).Here is the first question:Why do I have three monitors installed?. When I unistall one of them XP will reinstall it during reboot.Here is the 2nd question:During bootup the monitor switches refresh rates 2 or 3 times, and after that it reloads all the desktop icons.Is this normal? If yes, why? Am I doing soemthing wrong here?As I said apart frm this issues everything is running just fine.Thx fr any help as always,Alex

I have two monitors installed...they work great.One monitor works from a single output AGP card, the other from a PCI MX (2 outputs) card.This results in having three monitors installed...like you if I uninstall the third monitor, on reboot it returns. I've played around with that and have given up for the time being. I just can't get that thing to go away! Don't think that it has an impact anyway...so other items take priority.I would like to know how to adjust refresh rates...that seems to be set incorrectly on both monitors.I'd be interested in finding out how to eliminate that third monitor.Regards,Jay

Guest wkzzo

I have the same 4 monitors in my device manager with my dual gf4 setup. I have the two installed monitors, and also two default monitor entries. I think this has something to do with the nview software and the video card having dual dac's(running winxp pro). When I disable the secondary monitor in the nview software I am back down to one monitor in the device manager. I dont have any problems like your describing though with refresh rates changing on bootup.

Guest SD Sim

Hi Alex,As with the others, I too have four monitor icons for my two monitors. Now if only I could find a good lawyer that could compel MS to provide me with the two monitors that I appear to be missing (I know, I'll claim that MS stole them from me!!).But seriously, I don't know why they're there, but I do know what happens if you disable the extra icons - the screen saver (or is it the power save function, I can't remember for sure) stops working.As for fluctuating refresh rates, you might be able to solve this problem using the DirectX Diagnostic tool. Find the tab labeled "more help" and select the overide option. From there you can change from the default refresh rate to one of your choosing. But make certain that you don't set it too high, or you will fry your monitor. If you're unsure, then don't mess with it. Better safe than sorry ;).Hope this helps, and good luck.

Guest gasebah

Thx fr the advice I will try that. However does the fixed refresh rate occur for both monitors than? The LG Flatron can do 85Hz at 1600x1200. I am not sure about the other one.Alex