Sign in to follow this  
Guest SoarPics

Steve Small's air file for Baron 58

Hi everybody,I know I'm not the 1st one writing about this topic but I want to try it again. I'm looking for Steve Small's improved air file for the Baron 58 on FS2K2. I accept any copyright, affirm not to redistribute it or to do anything with it not permitted by the author.I've written an email to Steve but he didn't answer. If anybody is authorized to provide the file to me or know where to get the file I would be really glad.Thanks a lot, Thomas.

I'm with you here. Although I understand and accept Steve's decision to pull the plug on his files, I do feel rather sad about the reasons that let him do so. I've lost all files after a serious (self-inflicted) computer problem. I know, my fault - no backups. Not only the Baron file I miss dearly, his other tweaked files were outstanding as well. Flying, uhmm - simming's just not the same with the default -fly on rails- files. I'd clearly would be a very happy camper if Steve would open his door - just a wee bit.My two cents r up.Daniel

Guest Lizardo

His Cessna 185's are still "up" at www.fsfreeware.com

I wouldn't give up on Steve writing you back. I don't know how busy he is, but it took nearly two weeks before he got back to me (at that time I had almost given up hearing from him).If you don't hear from him in a couple of weeks I'd write him again on the chance he didn't get your first email.

Lizardo,thanks for that information, but do you know where I can find the Baron's?Thomas.

Guest Lizardo

No clues there..unless someone here has one to email you?? That'd be the easiest way.

Hi, that's me again.I can't believe it -- there are so many simmers who are writing that they use Steve Small's great air file -- and it seems there is nobody who can help me. I feel really sad. Is there no way to get it?Thanks again, Thomas.

[link:66.221.15.112/temp/FSD_BARON58TC_v1.0.zip]58TC The reasons I withdrew them are a matter of record ... but I am still wondering what gave Avsim the right to publicly accept on my behalf - and against my protest - Carenado's BS apology (??) for ripping my work off. That acceptance of Carenado's spin-doctoring was a line in the sand for me. That I was refused the right of reply by Avsim to Carenado's lame excuse ... whilst Avsim willingly accepted their BS excuse ... remains the source of annoyance to myself and all of us at FSD : it's one of the reasons you don't find FSD's products like the T38 here in this file library.Enjoy the files.

Thank you very much, Steve. Greatly appreciated. I for one will put these to good use.;)

But.................... you and FSD get a heck of a lot advertising and recognition from this (Avsim) forum. Good to see the files! :)L.Adamson

Guest Dean

>But.................... you and FSD get a heck of a lot >advertising and recognition from this (Avsim) forum. Good to >see the files! :) I'll say! I just bought the FSD C115 tonight after reading about FSD here at AVSIM.

Steve,I am still flying those airfiles...simply the best I have them burned into my CD-ROM, FS2002 is nothing without them!!!RegardsTony Ascaso, RN

Thank you very much, Steve - appreciate it. With kind regards from the 'Pilatus' country.Daniel PS: Looking very much forward for the PC-6.