Sign in to follow this  

my Yak 52 model

hiI have been working on a model of my Yak 52. I had not planned to show this but a friend convinced me that folks would want to see it. My aim is just to produce the most accurate model I can for my own enjoyment.If people seem interested I will update the site and could make it available to anyone who wants it.Work is at an early stage but some captures from fsds are there.http://www.newbuck.clara.netthanksJohn

JohnThe yak is a great plane i think. We have got one flying in my neighbourhood, and i really hope to try it out one day.I don`t think there is a really good fs modell anywhere, so all I can say is, get on with it, it will be appreciated. best regards S.Jensen

John,Just had a look at your site, great work, keep going and put me down on the order list for a copy of the 52 when ready.I am also UK based and think Yak are the best GA (!) aircraft around, very good value, where did you buy yours from?. My favourite is the 18T. Where are you based ? I am at EGNV.Let us all know when the 52 is ready.Best regardsPeter.

thanksI am based at EGSVI will post again when I have done more work and you are welcome to a copy when completedJohn

John,Spectacular work.... it must help when you have the real thing to look at for details. I've only seen them in pictures and twice in person at a distance. Below is a shot of my FS 2002 Yak 52 (available here in the library). if you need any pieces or parts let me know. I also have a gear retraction secquence for Aircraft Animator that works well, if you would like it.Brian

Brianmany thanks for your reply. I didn't know anyone had already worked on a 52. Yours looks very good !Also thanks for the offer of parts and gear retraction. I will keep this in mind.having access to the real thing help no end and I also found the original technical drawings on the net with all sizes, cross sections etc