Sign in to follow this  

After SID info for a departure to LYD (London Area)

All those who know about SIDs around london area:I've just noticed an a/c going in a different direction than from what i'm use to with the ordinary traffic coming into Gatwick. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a Federal Express DC-10 heading out towards LYD (Lydd), as a guess.I know that Fed. Express fly to Stansted, and i'm just wondering what SID was it on, if anyone knows.ThanksWill

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Will,Most likely it was FDX005 on a direct track to a VOR in NW France - at a guess. Operating route EGSS-LFPG.

I don't know London SIDS at all, but ATC can alter SIDS at anytime. They aren't a set in stone kind of thing.For example, if a SID states climb runway heading to 6 DME before turning on course, climb and maintain 4000, ATC can alter that and tell you to turn on course at 4 DME, balance of SID unchanged.Chris

Yep, I already knew of that Chris. I tend to hear pilots taking deviations from the original SID in bad weather on my local EGKK ATC frequency, particularly when cumulonimbus cells (CBs) / or thunderstorm clouds (to others) are in the area - like earlier today for example.Will