Sign in to follow this  

US Airways - Bankruptcy

The two top executives of US Airways were subject of an article in Airways mag. called "Dumb and dumber". After reading this article and finding out how the worst performing US airline can 'reward' its top executives with such exorbitant compensation I am not sure there is anything more to be said ...Michael J.

Michael,I'm inclined to agree. But internal problems aside. It's a big shame to see them go.Adam Nardone.

Guest 727Fan

Strange. For some reason, East coast based airlines seem to struggle.Even without the 911 crisis.Note the demise of Eastern Airlines as well.Hoping US Airways and their pretty birds regroup and come out strong.Rick

They are still flying while they are trying to reorganize, so they are not gone yet. Hopefully they will find a way to cut costs and start making a profit.

Adam, We're not going anywhere.US Airways will continue to operate while we get ourselves reorganized.My guess is that the rest of our labor groups will see proposals this week and we'll vote on them by the end of the month.US Airways has already secured financing,so we'll be around.Mike W

Michael, While Steve Wolf and Rakesh Gangwal are probably not in the same league as the folks at Enron or Worldcom,they bear a lot of the responsibility for the shape the US Airways is in today. Unfortunately,they've taken their millions and run,leaving the employees,stockholders and creditors holding the bag.I have no doubt that although we face tough time ahead,as an employee group,we can come out of this.Mike W