Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sabadin

Anybody Else Having Woes with the New Radeon Drivers?

Guest Pardue802

Is anyone else having any problems with the August 1 Radeon drivers (6.13.10.6118)??? I installed them for my ol' 32MB All-in-Wonder (original Radeon), and although it says I have frame rates of 30 or 40, the game just doesn't "feel" right. Not only is everything jerky like I'm having low frame rates, but everything seems like it's playing out in slow motion. Anybody else? Comments/ideas?KennethEDIT: I'm also thinking about getting myself a new graphics card to temporarily fix up my problems until next year when I build a new system. Anybody using the Radeon 9000? I'd get the 9700 but that's a pretty good ways out of my budget. Another question, do the new Radeons have an "All in Wonder," or, TV Tuner version? Thanks... and sorry as I have just realized this would be better off in the Hardware forum.

A great big howdy from one Radeon owner to another!I downloaded the "newest" August 1 drivers when they were released and have had no issues to date. The key to my success (IMO)is to download a Radeon tweaker to tweak up the "higher" setting the control panel won't let you access. My personal favorite is Rage3D Tweaker which can be found HEREIf you need help tweaking, drop me a note or post in this thread.Good luck!Mike

Guest PhilC

Mike,I have Rage3D Tweaker and would be interested in what you found to be the best settings with the latest Radeon Catalyst drivers. Please post them here for everyone to see if you can.Thanks.

Mike, I just downloaded the Tweaker, but I have no idea what to do. I'm worried that I might mess up something and destroy my cardAny help??Thx

Hi Phil!I'm a little pressed for time now but I will post some screen shots of my Rage3D Tweaker settings for you to compare against this evening.Mike

A319,I can understand your fears :-)Mayb the best way to work through things would be via e-mail? I'll be posting my settings here tonight including my system specs so you can compare before any changes get made on your end.Which Radeon/ATI card do you have?Mike

Hello Mike Just read your message to Phil (right after I sent the email )I'll hang around for the screenshots of your settings. Thanks!specs:P41.5GHZ512MB RAM40GB HDDATI RADEON VE 64MB DDR Windows XP PROWhen i tried updating to the latest drivers, I got the same 'jerky' feeling to things. The FPS counter was at 25FPS (locked @ 25) but the scenery was still jerky

Guest Pardue802

Just to let you guys know I'm still here and following the thread. Thanks for the link to the tweaker, I've personally never really been much of a tweaker of graphics cards so any help in the area is appreciated. I'll probably get ahold of that tonight (at work right now) and twiddle around with it.Thanks guys, keep me posted on your experiments with the tweaker! If you have any settings or anything feel free to email them to kenneth@pardue.com.Best regards,Ken

Guest Sabadin

Gave Rage3D a try. WOW! I have yet to check to see if I still get panel blurring with FSAA, but the Overcast coulds work pefectly now and things seem to run faster in general.