Sign in to follow this  
Guest maltedietsch2

Autopilot not not controlling flight controls

Guest maltedietsch2

Hi,I recently installed XP Professional. I installed FS2002, PIC767 and all updates. I have a CH Yoke USB.Today, I wanted to perform an 8-hour-flight from EKCH to KIAD.After T/O, when I wanted to switch on the A/P, I simply noticed that the A/P does not have any control over the flight controls. The A/P engages normally and I can select any mode. BUT the rudder, elevetator and aileron don't move according to A/P commands. They just remain in the "last" position.I tried switching the Yoke on/off under controls/activate joystick...no success.Another thing: The MAP on the ND doesn't move. Even after flying for 20 minutes, the map showed me that I was sill above the RWY. No success in PLAN mode, either.Anyone have an idea? Maybe it's related to DirectX (using ver. 9), XP Prof. or the CH Yoke.Thanks!Malte

Greetings,I'm running XP Pro, FS2K2, and CH Pro USB yoke and rudder here too with no problems, so it's likely we can rule that out.When you press the CMD button does it light up? If not, possibly it's the dead-battery issue. In the FSUIPC technical tab did you extend battery life? Try going to one of the default FS2K2 aircraft, check that all the switches are on, and then go back into the 767. If that doesn't work then we can try and think of something else to look at.Luck,P

Guest maltedietsch2

The cause seems to be something totally different.I'm flying for Scandinavian Virtual Airlines and the use a flight recorder in order to log flight data.I used the flight recorder on the flight to KIAD and the A/P couldn't control the A/C.The solution was simply not to use the flight recorder - have to enter flight information manually after the flight.But thanks anyway!

Guest Stephan Haas

Well, that might have worked in this case but .....I flew around 200 hrs in the same setting as you with Scandinavian, all with the Flightrecorder working. Never experienced this problem. I don't want to ruin your day, but there might be something different going on.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Guest maltedietsch2

hm, have to check that...