Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde Tracks for the USA

Hi,I originally posted this in "Hangar Chat" but it was kindly suggested to me that here would be a better place, and maybe Ray Proudfoot would have the answer, so if Ray or anybody else can help me out I would be very appreciative.My question is:Does anybody know where I can find out what the correct arrival and departure tracks are for Concorde operations in and out of the USA?I have an Aerad chart for Concorde operations that shows Concorde tracks but it is all a bit blured with regards to the tracks into and out of the USA, there appear to be quite a few and it gets a bit confusing to see where they go.Is there a website that might show them, there is a good link on the National Air Traffic Services website for the UK routes,http://195.217.206.173/uk_aip/aip/pdf/enr/26030501.pdfbut nothing I can find for the USA.Any help would be very much appreciated.Thanks,Steve.

Hi Steve,Came across this message just by browsing. I did a quick search using Google and a few keywords until "Concorde Sierra Mike" brought up this site which I think will help you. http://www.irishaviation.net/atlops.htm#CO...N%20THE%20NORTHHere's what I have: -LHR - JFK/IADLHR - WOD - CPT - KENET - MIMBI - MALBY - 5124N 0350W - MERLY - BANLO - 5041N 15W (Supersonic Track Sierra MIKE) - 5050N 20W - 5030N 30W - 4916N 40W - 4703N 50W - 4610N 53W - 4414N 60W - 4246N 65W - then either via(Supersonic Track Sierra Mike 1) LFV - SEY - SEY 279 Radial - PARCH - CCC - ROBER - JFK or (Supersonic Track Sierra Mike 2)42N 67W - 3943N 7107W - WINNY - SATES - JFK or if you want to go to Washington instead take(Supersonic Track Sierra Mike 3)42N 67W - 4044N 6955W - 4027N 7230W -SATES - RBV 289 Radial to Intersection with MXE 056 Radial - V474 - V143 - SCOBY - AML - IADFor Paris departures follow the same route from 5044N 15W via SST Track Mike. To get there they go:Paris - PON - EVX - CLARA - TESGO - AKELO - RILKA - 5041N 15WI can't find anything for return flights because searching on Sierra November brings up sites relating to the month - not the route.Anyway, I hope that's useful.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi again Steve,Did a bit more searching and found this site which lists BA Concorde routes 001 - 004. BA's Concorde routes are mainly JFK and Barbados with occasional trips to Washington.http://www.pervisell.com/ham/AIRMOVS1/SPEEDBIRD.htmThere doesn't seem to be a definitive site for Concorde route data - it's a case of accummulating knowledge a bit at a time.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,Thanks for your help. I think your right it's just a matter of accumulating the information a bit at a time. It's a shame that the FAA don't give out as much information as our NATS website does then we wouldn't have any problems.I have all the main tracks SM SN SO and SL1 through to SL7 for this side of the pond as for the other side then as far as I can work out:Inbound to USA SM1 is purley used for JFKSM2 looks like it can be for either JFK or IAD at CAMRN you can either go straight into JFK or carry on into IADSM2A also looks like it can be both used for JFK and IAD the only difference being from SM2 is that it runs a bit further to the South as far as LINND then follows SM2SM3 is just for IADOutbound from USA1SN is from JFK only and joins Track SN2SN is from IAD only and joins Track SN3SN is from JFK only and joins Track SN1SO is from IAD only and joins Track SO2SO comes off of 1SN and is used to join onto Track SOSO4 runs from Track SO slightly North of track 1SO and eventually picks up SM2 at OWENZ, so can be used for both JFK and IAD.That's as far as I can work it out. Compiling a flight plan is as interesting as flying her. If you want to see my complete set of tracks so that we can compare then please let me know.If you want the official tracks for Barbados (direct or via Lisbon) and Antigua that I have got from my Aerad chart without any problems as it's far less cluttered round there then please let me know.What we really need here is some inside information from British Airways or one of their crews.Thanks for all your help,Regards,Steve.

Hi Steve,You appear to have more info than me so yes, I'd be very grateful if you could send me what you have - thanks. The Barbados routes would be very interesting.I have a friend who has contacts inside BA at Heathrow. I'll have a word with him and see what he can get for me. Anything I get I'll pass on of course.It's nice how interest in Concorde seems to have gathered momentum recently. All we need now is a panel and aircraft from a commercial developer. I understand PSS have plans in hand to develop one but I'm not sure of the timing.Here's my address: - RayProudfoot@BTInternet.comCheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, The Simworks have specific Concorde charts showing all departure, arrivals for Concorde routes. "full colour chart, covering all entry, exit departure routes from London, Paris,New York Washington, Toronto, Barbados & Antigua" Check it out www.thesimworks.co.ukGeorge

Hi George,Thanks for that link. I've followed Products / Concorde Arrivals / Buy Now and the product described is UK(L)2 British Isles

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather