Sign in to follow this  
Guest goon

What stuff works with WideFs?

Guest goon

Hi, I've been mucking about with WideFS and FSMeteo, and the demos for Project Magenta (VERY impressive). Does anyone know of any freeware (or cheaper) alternatives to the Project Magenta stuff to play with before I take the plunge and start a home cockpit project (Sarah is going to freak when I tell her!) Just a few things to play with to design a system would be great.Also, what are min. specs. for a machine solely dedidated to running a Magenta module?Cheers,Gareth Evans

Most stand alone programs that interface with FSUIPC, NAV3.1, SuperFlightPlaner2.81 to name several.

Guest goon

OK, but is there anything similar to Project Magenta or a moving map display to play with in the meantime? I have to wait until I move house next week before I lay plans.Cheers,Gareth Evans

Here's link to some freeware software that has similar functionality to Project Magenta.http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/freefd/There used to be some other freeware by Robert Prather called ProMFD. This simulated most of the pages found on the 777 MFD display - electronics, engine status, hydralics etc..Unfortunatly the web site doesn't work any more. Try asking in the Homebuilt Cockpit forum here on Avsim, Mr Prather is a regular there.PaulEGJJ

Guest goon

ah hah! That's good stuff.Many thanks Paul.