Sign in to follow this  
Guest Japhy

SB: what's the best way to change the ATC station ??

Guest Japhy

I started using SB this weekend. My setup is MS FS2K2 and SB 2.3.5.Everything worked fine, but I have one question:is there a better way to change ATC stations (I'm minimizing FS, bringing up the SB main window, choosing the station and maximizing FS again...).This seems to be very unusable to me...FS make a pause everytime I have to switch stations, to change my flightplan,...I'm using Roger Wilco - does it switch channels automatically whenever I switch to another frequency on the plane ??kr,Japhy

Hello Japhy,About the question if it switches to another controller if you tune his or her freq. in your plane: I'm not sure, but I don't think so.Ideal is to have to computers next to one another and run MSFS on the fastest one and SB on the other, ofcourse many ppl don't have the hardware to set up a thing like that.There is however no need to pause FS when switching from one controller to another. When you are flying on the autopilot nothing much can go wrong if you can't see the screen for a few seconds. The way to go around it is going to the general option settings, and uncheck "Pause on taskswitch (or something like that)" This way FS will continue flying while you are switching controllers. When you are flying by hand, it is up to the circumstances, if your plane is well trimmed and there are no excesive winds you can leave it for a few seconds as well, if it is very unstable however you'd better pause it otherwise you might find yourself on the ground after switching :)Hope this helps a bit, if noone else can give you the answer to the tuning prob. the best way to find out is try it!Regards,Bj

Best way is to use HostSb, which works only with FS2k2.Run the module after you`ve opened MSFS and before Squawkbox.No need to pause, it works a treat.AF 313

Guest m3pimpin

Another thing you can do is for an example you are with for an ex: CHI_DEL and then he hands you off to CHI_CTR, you would go off to CHI_CTR and type .ATIS CHI_CTR :) Hope this helps. Pedro ;-) ----- m3pimpin@aol.com

I'm almost positive that changing the freq in the plane does in fact change your sqbox comm freq too. I know for a fact this works with the transponder...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com