Sign in to follow this  

IVAO vs VATSIM question

HelloI have always flown with Vatsim. Occassionaly when I use Whazzup to see who's online, I find almost no traffic in the Europe area for Satserv but loads of ATC and pilots under IVAO. My question is: what are the practical differnces between using IVAO and using VATSIM? I always use voice, and would not like to have to type anything? Do you have to follow up with text when using IVAO?thank you in advance for your comments.Sunil Mulay

Hello Sunil>I have always flown with Vatsim. Occassionaly when I use >Whazzup to see who's online, I find almost no traffic in the >Europe area for Satserv but loads of ATC and pilots under >IVAO. My question is: what are the practical differnces >between using IVAO and using VATSIM? I always use voice, and >would not like to have to type anything? Do you have to >follow up with text when using IVAO? As a very active european VATSIM controller, I can

Hi Sunil,I'm member of IVAO Italy Staff, as LIBB FIR Chief.As you can see on ServerInfo, every night we have about 15 ATC and 40 flights.What Martin Georg said is right, IVAO is probably less "professional" than Vatsim, but I think that varies from country to country, as for our brothers.In Italy I can say You'll find very kind and prepared ATCs, as in Germany or Greece just to name some other, and you'll surely find yourself among dozens of other pilots, that not common even on Vatsim out of US.I just ask you and anyone else to give us a try, may be you will enjoy yourself (I could bet on it...)Give a look at www.ivao.org/it for events.CiaoAntonio