Sign in to follow this  
HawaiianCondor

Squawkbox Won't Run on Client Anymore

For a short period of time I was able to get SB running (build 2.3.5 for FS2002) in the host window on my 98SE client, via Wide FS current version, for both FS2002 and FS2004. Worked well on both.Now I run SB on the client again and after it finds the multiplayer session on the host I just get the hourglass sign and then nothing.SB is listed on the task manager as running but I can't see it. It does not successfully compile an .ini file if I remove it from the windows registry before running it. The .ini file does have the WIDEFSVER3 comment properly entered.I have removed and reinstalled SB several times and installed directx 9 in case that was a problem. It runs fine on my host (FS2002) computer, but just won't run over wide FS from the client anymore. Starting to wonder if it is a computer problem vice a sb program one.Advice appreciated. This may be the final straw that I need to buy a new XP client to match the server, since 98SE is becoming such a headache.thanksregards,