Sign in to follow this  
Gary_Hayes

Oshkosh fly-in question

Guest Dan_Pergau

Hi Gary,I would say it depends on traffic volume. I remember a similar event a few years ago and I was in the hold for quite sometime... at least it felt that way as I was handflying a Cessna 172 in a hold somewhere east of OSH.An event controller would be best to answer you though. I just thought I'd add my 2 cents in case no one else replies ;-)Some of us are organizing a formation flight in to OSH... would you like to participate? If so please email me at dpergau@sympatico.caI look forward to your next masterpieces on POSKY's great planes.Regards,Dan PergauOttawa, Canada

Ok thanks for the info.I will be flying POSKY's newest little secret hehe.I am departing from OKC, cause its near my house.About 1 hour 45 min flight for me saturday. I have my time blocked already hehe This will be my first big flyin.http://www.avsim.com/posky/images/banners/gary_ban.gif

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Hello there, I might add some help here. I have been controlling at Chicago for quite some time now and this info will not only pertain to the OSH event, but to all events. Ok here we go...It is suggested that in all large fly-ins, you file 15 minutes after the pilots arrival time. But I suspect in this very large fly-in, added on to the regular traffic, that we are going to have some congestion. You probably will expect holds and extensive radar vectoring as we are having real world guest controllers. I am planning to take an open position at the regular Ohare sectors such as Ohare ground or Tower. Because I know Center and Approach are going to be taken up already. So It might be wise to depart 15-20 minutes before your requested. Good luck and I might see ya on the scope!Ben SuttonChicago ARTCC