Sign in to follow this  
Ericson

SB problem - hard to solve

hi ,i was using SB witout any problems for half year... but today i've experienced some hard to solve problem :-(Ok - so procedure is usual: creating multi session in FS -> sb host -> sbox -> search -> join - everything is working fine but when i'm switch back to Fs and open "host options" there is no Sqawkbox " player " in multi. session. The result is lack of messages from SB diplayed on green tape and also when SB tries to add plane i get error ( picture atteched below )i'm using win xp pro with firewall off , fsuipc 2.92 , fs2002 pro :-zhelp regardsEricson

ups sorry - i didn't know that there is SB supoprt forum - i'm moving my topic To Moderators - pls deleted this post from VATSIM forum...

Hi Ericson,I have exactly the configuration you described, and yesterday night the same occurred to me. I was flying from Denver to Anchorage and, somewhere around Salt Lake area center, I lost communication with the vatsim server. I tryied some servers to reconnect and received error messages from sqkbox and r/w programs, but finaly a server responded, but then my sqkbox was sort of frozen.After some time, it came alive but I received a message that something could not be hosted (I don't remember, sorry). I clicked OK and the simulation continued. The ATC Directory was working, as Unicom and SLC_V_APP were there, which I tryied to connect with success with the Salt Lake controller. Later I talked to Yakima and Seattle.But when I wrote a message and send it, I noted that the green text did not appear at the top. I also could hear the static "swosh" of new inbound text messages, but I had to open sqkbox to read them.Thats it, pal. Oh yes, I made Anchorage in 5:24, without ATC there. Pretty cold! Sorry if I could not solve your problem, but you're not alone in the world anymore. Hope someone help us.Greetings from Rio de Janeiro,Heron

ATTN win xp users without SP1 installedThink twice before instaling "new" CFS 3 - directx 8.2 is also instaling with CFS 3 and it couses so much troble with SB. I've found that many other people have similar problems after instaling CFS 3 ( DirectPlay module ) , it seems that the only way of remowing directx 8.2 is reinstalation of system... one post of "happy" cfs 3 user :"After installing CFS3 and then Uninstalling it, I found that I can not join any game via the zone. This includes, CFS1, CFS2 and FS2002. I can get to the RR in CFS1 but can not launch to join the others. Never mind CFS2 as I can not even Join a game. FS2002, I can get to the RR, Join, Creat a flight, Join the game.....But when I open the chat window, I am the only one there and I do not see any of the other players."Ericson

Guest PhilipManwaring

There is at least some good news here: if you have Windows XP, CFS3 creates a "System Restore" point when it installs DirectPlay 8.2 and you can successfully roll back to this point to remove 8.2 and go back to 8.1. After that it works, but doing this also uninstalls CFS3. So, it seems you can have Squawkbox or CFS3. Guess which one I'm chosing .. Say :-wave CFS3 ! It's a fun game, but I don't want to live without my SB!