Sign in to follow this  

Find route off flight ?

I have been flying on vatsim for 3 months now. I use fsnav for flight planer. I have be flying short runs like kdbq to kord and kdbq to kmsp I have those routes the other day I tried kord to kdbq, I filled my plan. The controller said that the flight plan was no good and alt and gave me another one. My question is how did be find the info so fast I just logn on the the server and he was calling me. I checked the the kord website and there was no preferred route. And is there an odd or even fl if going north to south and east to west and viceverse? I looked up a perferred route to kord to kmsp then went to fsnav and put in kord to kmsp and hit auto route and that route was differnt than the perferred on the kord website? Is there a website that will do the route for me? I want to start flying to other airports but my route and alt is wrong. I hate to say this but there is some controllers at kord that are not helpfull and talk so fast when they give me a differnt route I can't even right is down fast enough. There I have to ask to repeat and they seem to get mad. I even put in the remarks box that this is my first time leaving a big airpot and may need help I think they don't look at that part. I am just having a problem with getting the wright route. Oh one more thing I have tryed that private msg and can't get to work how do you use it. If anyone has any input Thank you Gerald

Guest macman4

O.K this is what I do, and works best for me. 1. I go to this web sight www.clearanceunlimited.com/main.htm On the left hand side I click on routes. Brings you to another screen with what type of route you want to use. I use "high altitude".Another screen. on the left side of that screen are the cities. Choose your depart city.That opens up another window. pick the city your flying to and there you have the prefered route. copy that down and take to your flight planner. Before I leave this page I also download any DP'S and STAR'S for those cities and also add those in the flight plan. Bye any means am not expert, but this is what works for me.It helps when your online flying and the controller wants you to use a certain approach route.Like i said it works for me ,but no expert.2.Below 30000 feet west are even number altitudes, east are odd numbered.3. Private message is - type in the message box - .msg persons your sending message to then the message. Make sure you have a dot in front of msg then space then person name space then message. Example.msg US334 then message. hope this helps, Bob McDuff

Hi Bob thanks for the great info I will try this on my next flight.Thanks Gerald Kara, Jr

Most centers have preferred routes and even the SB flight plan, just plug it in and go. Visit www.vatusa.org for their links on right side.Please please, never ever use a private message to a controller. Some controllers will never reply to a private message. After all, you can't talk privately to them in the real world. From the controller perspective, they have to perform additional keystrokes to look at your private message. If she is all ready busy, this will immediately go to the bottom of the priority list. Talk to them on the frequency they are on.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

There's some expections in route altitudes and altitudes can also be in different formats. For example, I'm flying over Russia now and metric system is in use here, so my cruise altitude is now flight level 11600 metres. If you're going to fly in former USSR, please remember the metric speed system (km/h), too.There's north-south rule at least in France, Spain, Portugal and Morocco, which are "blue table" countries. This means that the most ATS routes has to be flown at even level northbound and odd level southbound. But as I said already, there's some expections. One route are only one way, another is at odd level westbound, another is one way at both even and odd levels.If you want to plan your flights in realistic way, I recommend you to buy some Jeppesen route charts. They're not so expensive what you think of them. Just check what charts you want (www.jeppesen.com) and then mail to them or use web store. I mailed once, because they sell some products which are not available at web pages. In this case single enroute charts.If you have something to ask about flightplanning, just drop me an email. But please remember: I'm a perfectionist. ;)