Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

Password request time??

I have been a controller for four years now and am voice qualified. However I have an unusual situation in that I lost my password documentation and my email was changed. Unfortunatly, both of these events were a bit out of my control (still no excuse). My computer was stolen (amongst other things) in a home burgulary. When I finally got re-established, ATT changed their email service from ATT@home to ATTBI. I originally backed up my VATSIM registration info on a second drive for safe keeping, but again that was in the computer case.I have followed procedures for password information on the VATSIM site and sent a request via email to 'support staff' link twice over the last 11 days.My question is this; Does anyone know of an approximate time frame that I may expect a reply?Not a major issue, more just curiosity so that I may review the new controller software. I see that I must have this info even to observe online.Thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hi Mike;How did you contact VATSIM? If you know your CIDand still have access to your previous email yourpassword request may have already been forwarded there.There are several people involved in maintaining themembership database but there are also provisions on the VATSIMmain page for self-updating of your e-mail address "ID Changes"and "Lost Password". Did you use these or send an email? If you sent an emailto whom did you direct it?RegardsBlayneM.

>How did you contact VATSIM? via http://www.vatsim.net/supportlist.html Richard Jenkins. This is the only email link I could find on the site that made any mention of membership services. Once this link was selected, the interactive help form opened automatically and my request was forwarded upon completion of the the form>If you know your CID and still have access to your previous email your password request may have already been forwarded there.I do have my CID number, however I do not have access to my previous email account.>There are several people involved in maintaining the >membership database but there are also provisions on the >VATSIM main page for self-updating of your e-mail address "ID >Changes" and "Lost Password". Yes there are many provisions, however none of those allow for both loss of password and email change. I have my CID, last name and password reminder BUT that will send the password to my old (vatsim database) email. Another resource on the site to change email requires your password. As you can see there is not online resource for retreiving information when BOTH password and email are not available or current.>Did you use these or send an email? I utilized the interactive "VATSIM Membership Help Form" (as stated above). This is the closest thing I could find to help me.If you sent an email to whom did you direct it? (see above). Maybe email was the wrong word to use, it is actually the "VATSIM Membership Help Form"thank youMike S

got it squared away, thanks