Sign in to follow this  
Guest CornHusker1215

Roger Wilco causing FS 2004 crashes?

Guest CornHusker1215

Hello everyoneHere are my specs:Asus K8V Deluxe moboAMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPURadeon 9800 Pro 128 with latest Omega driversSeagate 120 gig h.d. Windows 2000 ProMy problem is this...When flying online, FS sometimes crashes when I press F12 to transmit on voice. I know I must be putting quite a strain on the computer (I usually fly with the Eaglesoft Beechjet and Active Sky), but I think it should handle this. Again, it only happens while on VATSIM and usually when transmitting on vox. Will changing the Roger Wilco CPU setting fix this? Is it a video card or other driver problem? Any ideas?

I can only offer some general advice.Switch to using AVC. I have no idea if it is more efficient than RW (uses less resources) but it is now the prefered voice s/ware and is newer and programmed specifically for SB so should work better.I assume you are aware that F12 is also a brake application key in FS unless you have reassigned it, that *might* casue problems, suggest you assign anothe unsed key for your PTT.If you still have problems after trying the above two suggestions turn off ActiveSky and fly the default Cessna, that should reduce the laod placed on your system. You could also turn all your FS sliders back to the left to reduce load until you determine what the cause is.The CPU should cope but you don't say how much RAM you have, I would you have 1GB at least, also I wonder if '64' CPU has some bearing?I know AMD say that their 64 can handle 32 bit code without a problem but I just wonder if FS has a problem with it as the 64 CPUs are quite new?Best of luck.