Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Question concerning VatSim and SimFlyers Airports?

Some time ago on a similar post to another forum, I received replies that other pilots were useing SimFlyer airport scenery with no problem for VatSim flights, however:In observing MSFS9 Air traffic, and/or locating an aircraft directly to a specific runway (MFFS9>World>Go To Airport>Active Runway or a selected runway), I have noticed that at some locations, there is a slight difference between some default MSFS9 and SimFlyer taxi strips, gates, and/or runways. Usually, this is only by a few feet and/or a slight variation in the runway heading. It might be applicable to mention that this is so on some other third party scenery as well, however, my question is primarily concerning SimFlyer airports.I would not be surprised if SimFlyers is more accurate from a real world perspective, but I fear that it might be causing confusion between my location and VatSim ATC as such situations may look like I am trying to taxi or takeoff on the grass adjacent to where I should be assuming that the VatSim controller is looking at the MSFS9 default scenery.I thought it best to see what VatSim, particularly Controllers have to say about this. Would it be preferable that I disable the SimFlyer Scenery and use default MSFS9 airport scenery for VatSim flights, or does useing the SimFlyer (or others for that matter) cause no problem for ATC?Thank you, and I hope the answer helps somebody else as well.RTH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

RTH,Good news - Keep your sceneries running. Some airport add on sceneries create small problems by offsetting taxiways or runways. It's really not a big deal. Some of the different versions of Flight Simulators (FS98, 2000, 2002, FS9, Precision Simulator, and Fly! all have offsets as well and we deal with them on a regular basis.Your best bet (always recommended) is to DISABLE the feature in realism that has you crashing into other aircraft. Often other players have these taxiway offsets, aren't using Multiplayer (for whatever reason), or just don't care if they taxi through someone else (hey it happens).If you notice that your scenery or simulator has a MASSIVE OFFSET then you should probably put something in your comments about it. For example when flying into KLAX with SimFlyers you might put in your comments "Simflyers KLAX"On another note. If you want to fix your AI problem with the offset the answer is AFCAD. SimFlyers has downloads on their websites to fix these problems and they come with instructions on where to put the downloaded files. Easy as 1 2 3.Hope that answers your question.