Sign in to follow this  
mtan002

Firewall Setting for FS9 Multiplayer

I need help to setup my firewall so that I can coonect properly in FS9. At the moment, SBRelay is fine and I get confirmation that I can coonect FS9 and SB to it. However, when I start up FS9 and click on connect under Multiplayer, I dont get to see the "SBRelay-FS2004" session. I tried many times according to the tutorial in PRC and no success (including putting IP address, disconnect and reconnect).I strongly suspect it's my firewall even though I have open the ports needed for SBRelay and SB (both TCP right?) according to the tutorial. I run XP home and connect to the internet via an ADSL router wirelessly. If someone can tell me more on the setting, I greatly appreciate the assistance. I am new to VATSIM and trying to get it to work.ThanksMichael TanYSCB

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I found the set up required in another tutorial (VATSIM 103D). This tutorial provides the complete information in firewall setup while the Multiplayer Tutorial covers only partially.My "SBRelay-FS2004" session is now working.I have another question: Given that I have the ports open, how secure is this type of setup? Can a program exploit these open ports?Please enlighten.Michael TanYSCB