Sign in to follow this  
Guest J_MYSTIK

NEWBIE HELP

Guest J_MYSTIK

Hello, Well first off let me say hello, I am fairly new to this online flying thing. I am trying to figure out this VATSIM thing and have got some of it down but still struggling on some of it.My problem right now seems to be, i am not able to hear any voice on RW.Now I looked at the voice server list and put on in but I was the only one in the room.If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.Also I looked at the PRC and got lots of good info but I am have low patience and could not read anymore. I do some avitaion background so I know how to talk on the radio and all that good stuff.Well I hope to flying full force in no time.Thanx for all the help that I will get on this and im sure ill have more topics of discussion.Joe

Guest MB327

Joe,Welcome to VATSIM. You could be having any one of a number of things wrong with the RW setup. A wrong version (some do not work), you may not be connecting to the right voice IP, you may have RW configured wrong. You may just be in a room that no one else is in. Start fresh with Advanced Voice Client. Read the instructions in the PRC for setting up AVC. Very few people went straight through all the software settups without hitting a few bumps.As to the amount of reading, I am afraid there is no escaping the installation readme files and documentation associated with all the software.

>Hello,> Well first off let me say hello, I am fairly new to this>online flying thing. I am trying to figure out this VATSIM>thing and have got some of it down but still struggling on>some of it.My problem right now seems to be, i am not able to>hear any voice on RW.Now I looked at the voice server list and>put on in but I was the only one in the room.If someone could>point me in the right direction it would be greatly>appreciated.Also I looked at the PRC and got lots of good info>but I am have low patience and could not read anymore. I do>some avitaion background so I know how to talk on the radio>and all that good stuff.Well I hope to flying full force in no>time.Thanx for all the help that I will get on this and im>sure ill have more topics of discussion.>>JoeAs in previous e-mail you may not be in a Voice "room" that has anyone in it. The way you want to tune your radio is to use Squawkbox- Because Squawkbox only shows channels that are active. So-- Bring up your SBHost and then right click anywhere in that window-- you'll see a pop up menu. Click "ATC Directory"-- it'll show you all Controllers that are active in your area (not all the ones in VATSIM, just the ones around your current location). Select the one you need, and if you have "Use RW Voice" checked in your Squawkbox Options, it should launch Roger Wilco or AVC-- whichever you have set up.Try this out and see how you do. Need more help, post here.